Monrovia is the capital city of the West African country of Liberia. From historical attractions to cultural sites, this place has got ample local attractions to explore. It is definitely a place of great energy and you won't be disappointed.
Places to visit:
- Liberian National Museum: It is a historic building in downtown close to the Centennial Pavilion. Visitors can get a great sense of history and culture of the country and city.
- Matadi Central Mosque: It is a great site to visit irrespective of the weather. The freshness and purity of the place relax and calms the visitors.
- Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve: It is the highest point in Western Africa. One would find exceptional variety of forests. Recommended for those who love nature and are up for exploring.
- Waterside Market: The busiest shopping area where one can find many things to buy.
- Monkey Island: Few hours from Monrovia is this place which is basically a chimpanzee house. Its fun watching chimps in their day to day lives.
Places to dine:
Dining options in the city are pretty amazing. Few of the must try places are:
- Beach Bar& Grill
- B First
- Bishoftu Ethopian Restaurant
Places to stay:
Some of the comfortable stays close to major tourist attractions are-
- The Royal Grand Hotel Suite
- Bella Casa
- Palm Spring Resort
- Boulevards Palace
So, hurry up folks!
Plan a trip this season and come for an adventure.